Applicants from all over the world are welcome to apply for graduate programs offered by the Low Carbon College.
The following are general requirements for applications to LCC Master’s Programs:
1. Non-Chinese citizen;
2. Outstanding academic performance and potential;
3. A bachelor’s degree;
4. Proficiency in English (Check details here).
Oct 1, 2022: Open for 2023 application;
Dec 15, 2022: Deadline for 1st Round scholarship application;
Feb 15, 2023: Deadline for 2nd (Last) Round Chinese Government Scholarship application;
Mar 31, 2023: Deadline for SGS Scholarship, SJTU Scholarship application;
May 31, 2023: Deadline for self-supported application;
Sep 11, 2023: Enrollment.
Note: All dates are in Beijing Time (GMT+08:00).
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1: Complete the Online Application
Complete and submit an online application at Study@SJTU (http://apply.sjtu.edu.cn/) before the application deadline.
Step 2: Pay the Application Fee
The application fee is CNY 800 or USD 120, non-refundable and non-transferable. Payment must be made using CNY or USD. You can choose online payment or bank transfer in the online application system.
Step 3: Find an advisor
After passing the screening review by LCC, applicants shall start to find an advisor at LCC. Detailed information about research interests and contacts of faculty can be found at http://lcc.sjtu.edu.cn/En/Data/List/Faculty (Please select LCC full-time faculty).
Step 4: Pass the Panel Interview
Once applicants find a potential advisor at LCC, he/she must take and pass the Online Panel Interview. The panel interview will be recorded for documentation.
MATERIALS TO PREPARE
1. Degree certificates: Applicants who have not graduated by the time of application are required to provide an official letter from their current university stating the expected graduation date;
2. Official Undergraduate Transcripts in scanned files;
3. Personal statement and study plan;
4. Two letters of academic recommendation from scholars who are associate professors or above, or senior professionals in a related academic field (Please follow the instructions on the online system for submission of online recommendation letters or upload the recommendation letters with original signatures);
5. Proof of language proficiency (please see Language Requirement for SJTU International Graduate Programs);
6. A scanned copy of your passport;
7. Passport-size photo.
Note: If your documents are not in English or Chinese, please have them translated into either English or Chinese by an authorized translation agency. Please scan and upload both the translated and original documents onto the application system.
150,000 RMB for each full-time Master’s Program at LCC.
firstname.lastname@example.org (International Affairs Office, Graduate School, Shanghai Jiao Tong University)
email@example.com (General Affairs Office, China-UK Low Carbon College, Shanghai Jiao Tong University)
Tel: +86-21-34208238; +86-21-80160861
Website: http://isc.sjtu.edu.cn/ (SJTU Graduate School)