Applicants from all over the world are welcome to apply for graduate programs offered by the Low Carbon College.
The following are general requirements for applications to LCC PhD Programs:
1. Non-Chinese citizen;
2. Outstanding academic performance and potential;
3. A master’s degree;
4. Proficiency in English (Check details here).
Oct 1, 2022: Open for 2023 application;
Dec 15, 2022: Deadline for 1st Round scholarship application;
Feb 15, 2023: Deadline for 2nd (Last) Round Chinese Government Scholarship application;
Mar 31, 2023: Deadline for SGS Scholarship, SJTU Scholarship application;
May 31, 2023: Deadline for self-supported application;
Sep 11, 2023: Enrollment.
Note: All dates are in Beijing Time (GMT+08:00).
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1: Find an advisor
Contact your ideal supervisor from the LCC full-time faculty list in advance. Check supervisors at http://lcc.sjtu.edu.cn/En/Data/List/Faculty. Please select “LCC Full Time” supervisors.
Step 2: Get a pre-acceptance letter
Get a pre-acceptance letter from your ideal supervisor.
Step 3: Complete the Online Application
Follow the instructions and complete the online application at Study@SJTU (http://isc.sjtu.edu.cn). Please indicate you are applying for the “Low Carbon College” in the application form and send your full name and application number to LCC Dean’s Affairs Office (email@example.com) after the application is successfully submitted.
MATERIALS TO PREPARE
1. Degree certificates: Applicants who have not graduated by the time of application are required to provide an official letter from their current university stating the expected graduation date;
2. Transcripts, in scanned files. (Doctoral program applicants are required to submit both undergraduate and graduate transcripts);
3. Personal statement and study plan;
4. Two letters of academic recommendation from scholars who are associate professors or above, or senior professionals in a related academic field (Please follow the instructions on the online system for submission of online recommendation letters or upload the recommendation letters with original signatures);
5. Proof of language proficiency (check details here);
6. A scanned copy of your passport;
7. Passport-size photo.
Note: If your documents are not in English or Chinese, please have them translated into either English or Chinese by an authorized translation agency. Please scan and upload both the translated and original documents onto the application system.
firstname.lastname@example.org (International Affairs Office, Graduate School, Shanghai Jiao Tong University)
email@example.com (General Affairs Office, China-UK Low Carbon College, Shanghai Jiao Tong University)
Tel: +86-21-34208238; +86-21-80160861
Website: http://isc.sjtu.edu.cn/ (SJTU Graduate School)