Location: Shanghai, China
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Tenured/Tenure-Track
The China-UK Low Carbon College of Shanghai Jiao Tong University is looking for specialists in the areas of social science, geoscience, energy engineering, and environmental science and engineering with their research established and developed to address global climate change and GHGs emissions, expertise qualified for the application includes but is not limited to:
• Climate Change Countermeasure
• Carbon Cycle and Management
• Climate Finance and Investment
• Smart Energy System
• Renewables and Energy Storage
• Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage
• Waste Management and Recycling
Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) is a world-renowned higher education institution and one of the most prestigious universities in China. It has established itself as a comprehensive, research-oriented, and internationalized university and ranks 50th worldwide (QS 2022).
China-UK Low Carbon College (LCC) was established by Shanghai Jiao Tong University with the joint efforts of the University of Edinburgh and Shanghai Lin-gang Government in May 2017. As the first domestic low carbon college, LCC aims to build up a talent database of world-leading experts in climate change and carbon innovations, and create an interdisciplinary platform for social scientists and engineers to collaborate and contribute to a zero-carbon future.
The Low Carbon College is based in Shanghai Lin-gang, a future smart city located in the South of Shanghai, and has become a key base for the exchange of low carbon ideas, talent, technology and resources to drive solutions to climate challenges. LCC has developed partnerships with many world-class universities, with the University of Edinburgh as the primary international strategic partner, and constantly develop exchanges and cooperation with top international universities, including University College London, Imperial College London, Warwick University, etc.
Chair Professor/Distinguished Professor/Professor:
The successful candidate will have:
(1) A PhD in related discipline and working experience as a professor in a world-class university or research institute;
(2) An outstanding tracking record of research achievement and a history of funded research;
(3) A record of teaching achievement and a commitment to excellence in postgraduate education;
(4) Exceptional and proven leadership abilities in conducting first-class, innovative and collaborative research.
Associate Professor/Assistant Professor:
(1) A PhD in related discipline
(2) Should be able to conduct and lead independent and innovative research projects and demonstrate strong academic potential and teaching abilities;
(3) An Associate Professor should at least have three-year working experience at a world-leading university or research institute overseas.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The remuneration package will be highly competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience, including:
1. globally competitive salary;
2. research startup funds;
3. housing allowances;
4. health insurance;
5. excellent space and state of research facilities at LCC.
1. CV (include a publication list)
2. Statements of research and teaching
3. 3 – 5 representative publications (published within 5 years)
4. 3 – 5 recommendation letters (Professors only need to provide information of 3-5 referees, including name, title, institute, and email address.)
Please specify your target position in the subject of the email and send the above-mentioned documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate where you saw our job advert. Applications are welcome until the positions are filled.
For more job opportunities at LCC, please visit https://lcc.sjtu.edu.cn/En/Data/List/Joinus (EN) or https://lcc.sjtu.edu.cn/Data/List/szzp (CN).
Contact: Ms. Chu