The SJTU Summer Research Internship Program aims to promote international research collaboration and enhance the academic environment at Shanghai Jiao Tong University. It offers undergraduates the opportunity to spend a summer studying at world-class research laboratories, alongside prominent research professors. It will prepare undergraduate students for further studies through intensive research experience with faculty mentors and enrichment activities.
- Students from overseas (Non-Chinese Citizen), Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macao are eligible to apply.
- Students must have completed at least one year of an undergraduate program and be enrolled as a current undergraduate.
- Hold at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
- Students from non-English speaking countries must provide an English language proficiency certificate: an IELTS with a score no less than 6.0 or a TOEFL with a score no less than 78 points. If you are studying in a fully English taught program, you must provide the relevant certificates.
- Additional requirements vary for different laboratory.
Duration: 27 June, 2023 - 9 August, 2023
LCC Projects (please visit https://lcc.sjtu.edu.cn/En/Data/List/9-3-2 for project details):
- Project 150: Research on the Coordinated Control of SOFC/GT Hybrid System Based on Safety Margin
- Project 151: Preparation of Biodegradable Plastics from Waste Shells
- Project 152: Design Thermal Functional Materials via Materials Informatics
- Project 153: Thermal Storage and Energy Conservation
- Project 154: WASTE TO ENERGY: Biological Systems towards Energy and Environmental Sustainability
Please apply through the website: http://apply.sjtu.edu.cn
The following items shall be uploaded alongside the online application:
- A scan of the identification page of your passport. The passport must be valid for at least 6 more months
- for the visa application.
- ID photo (similar to a passport photo)
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Copy of your most recent academic transcript
- Motivation letter
- Recommendation letter
- Report of your past research experience (if available)
- Language proficiency certificate (if available)
Program Fee: Application fee (non-refundable): 400RMB
Online Application Deadline: 30 May, 2023
Announcement: You will be notified of the results through our website and an email within two weeks of completing the application.
Certificate and Transcript
After completing the program and submitting the final report, participants will receive an official certificate from the university. Official transcripts will be sent to the mailing address that you have provided in the application by September, 2023. Students who wish to transfer credits need to obtain pre-approval from the relevant authorities at your home universities.
For more information, please download the 2023 SJTU Summer Internship Program Brochure.